Friday, May 17, 2024

Day 16. Cache Creek to Kamloops. 90 km

Today was an easy day. We started with a bacon and eggs breakfast at the A & W next to the motel, packed up and started peddling on the Trans-Canada Hwy toward Kamloops. It was cool and overcast to start the day and it warmed up later. We had sunny periods today as well. One great feature of the day was a tailwind which helped us move with less effort. There were a few hills to climb - out of Cache Creek, out of Savona and just before Kamloops.
After about three hours, the motel called to say that I left my rain jacket there. That just added to my shopping in Kamloops. We found a bright yellow one at Canadian Tire. Then we shopped for a watch because my old one got fogged up. I wanted a nice simple one that just tells the time. I got a Casio with hands at Walmart.
After the shopping, we booked into a motel on the east side and later had dinner at a family restaurant next door.
We booked a room in Salmon Arm for tomorrow night, where we will have dinner with brother Dan and his family. We are looking forward to the visit.


This picture shows our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment