Monday, June 5, 2017

Bike Gaspe Day 7

La Pocatiere to Riviere du Loup.  72 of 851 km. We started with a nice large breakfast at Mikes. This really held us for most of the day with a small top up later. Then it was off to Canadian Tire where I was able to buy a tire for my bike and also a spare to carry with us. I changed the tire in the Canadian Tire parking lot making sure to recover my  $20 bill that had served as a tire reinforcement. We crossed the autoroute and headed NE on the rail trail. That's when we encountered the headwind that would dictate our day. It was blowing very hard,  perhaps 30 kph with additional gusts. We were often limited to just 8 kph on level terrain. That made us decide that Riviere du Loup would be a reasonable destination for the day. So I looked on Hotwire and ended up with a nice room at the Comfort Inn;  it has a hot breakfast included so we should have a good good start tomorrow.
The vegetation along the way has been really lush and healthy looking. The dandelions were the largest and healthiest that I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment