Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Day 6. Barriere to Clearwater, 62km.

This was the best bicycling weather so far. On leaving Barriere it was sunny and about 10C. The road was good and not too busy. The pipeline work continues along the road, the locals say that they will be working on it for a couple of years or more. The amount of machinery being used is impressive.
This is truly beautiful country with the river, ranches and low open mountains. I can see why people came here to settle. Behind the nearby low mountains are towering snow covered peaks.
Thanks to the cow salve, which has been my go-to topical drug for 50+ years, my bottom is doing okay for early in the trip. In my youth we used carbolic acid salve on both animals and people. Mom gave me a tin of it when I left home at 16, and I am now into the first replacement container. Today it's solved my sitting problems and Gramie is improving as well. Soon we may be able to put in longer days.
The picture below shows the difference between Gramie's bike seat and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment