Thursday, May 12, 2022

Day 15. Mannville to Lloydminster. May 12. 83 km.

The first thing that got my attention this morning was the beeping cell phone. When I went to use it, all it would do put me a loop. Finally I changed the the SIM cards around called Simply Connect and spoke to someone who who got me going again. What frustration.

Today it was above zero when we left Mannville in bright sunshine. The ride was on good shoulders all the way to Lloydminster. Clearly this is is farm and gas country. We saw lots of well heads and cattle today. It was also a short day because Lloydminster was only 83km distance. Lloydminster didn't strike me as being unique because the main drag was littered with chain stores of various stripes such as Super Store and Canadian Tire. Our motel, Econolodge is off the main street but is spacious and clean. To avoid another restaurant meal we picked up food from the local Super Store and ate in our room, with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. We are literally steps from the Saskatchewan border. In fact the markers are on our side of the street and are shown in an attached picture. I've also shown one of many well heads and some impressively large grain elevators.
Grain elevators 
Oil and/or gas storage at well heads
Alberta-Saskatchewan order running through Lloydminster 

No comments:

Post a Comment