Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Day 47 Wolfville to Hammonds Plains - the end







"This land is your land, this land is my land, from Bonavista to Vancouver Island. From the Arctic Circle to the Great Lakes waters, this land was made for you and me. As we were peddling that ribbon of highway" (Woodie Guthrie/the Travelers)

Today is bitter - sweet because it's the end of a fabulous trip with Gramie and because we won't be limited by what we can carry in our panniers. We got going at a leisurely pace and were peddling some time after 9 am. Our breakfast was cleaning up the leftovers from last night, which was quite filling. We left Wolfville on #1, which merged into #101. We stayed on the latter until the last exit before Lucasville Road. This gave us a nice easy entry into Lucasville Rd. We were at Alexandra's Pizza by 3:15 pm. I had a hamburger and fries and Gramie had a really good Greek salad. We talked with the owner, Lila, and she was very nice. When she heard that we were meet four grandchildren she produced four packs of candy. When she heard that it was my birthday she brought us a plate of veggies and fruit. Then she brought us cheesecake with a candle. Remarkable. 
We were met by Blair and Krista and their four kids at Voyager Way and we all biked to their home. They had a welcome banner and bubbly waiting for us. Life doesn't get any better than this.  
We saw lots of beautiful scenery and met so many nice people. It makes me realize how fortunate I am to be a Canadian and have my family and friends. The biking t-shirts are courtesy of Linda and Jerry during our previous bike ride through Winnipeg. 
Our distance today was 84 km. I developed some tan lines.

We have peddled over 5500 km averaging 121 km/day, and ranging from 62 to 212 km/day. This depended on the weather especially the wind. My numbers may be a little short because I had problems with my initial  bicycle computer and had to replace it. But just like age, it's only a number. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice ride across our beautiful country nice to see these places and family :) you have brought many smiles to my face Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete