Saturday, June 9, 2018

June 9

Helvellyn. After breakfast we walked to the bus station and caught the 555 southward. We were a bit surprised at the  £14 that we were charged for the 7 mile trip. We got off at the Helvellyn trailhead at Wythburn at 8:52 am and hiked up the steeper route to the peak arriving there in 1h40m which was faster than we had anticipated. But then I recognized my third goof up of the day. The first was forgetting my camera, the second was leaving my hiking stick on the bus and the third was losing my glasses near the top of Helvellyn. I had taken off my hat because I was overheated and my glasses came off with the hat. Fortunately we were able to find them by walking back and asking other hikers. As we had lots of time, we walked back to Keswick on roads and walking paths.

By having the apartment, we've been able to do some normal things such as laundry and cook. Yesterday we picked up Scottish strawberries at the market; they were as good as you can get- flawless and tasty. 

Today started out sunny and warm; in the afternoon we received a bit of rain. This was only the third day that we have had any precipitation since arriving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment