Saturday, June 16, 2018

June 16

Umbrella day. Fortunately for the farmers and unfortunately for us, the weather forecast was accurate. It was raining after breakfast as we left the B&B and it continued to rain almost all of the time that we were out. It made us aware of how wet this part of England can be. We have been extremely lucky that it didn't rain like this during our Coast to Coast trek. Today we walked south-west to Hawkshead and when we were there I wasn't interested in going to the Beatrix Potter Museum; all I wanted to do was dry out and warm up. On our way back we were passed by guys on bikes and then as we approached Ambleside, we saw them running toward us. We were told that it was an Ironman race. About 15 minutes before returning to the B&B the sun came out and the rain stopped. That's when I took the only picture of the day.

Today marked the end of my "last legs" pairs of socks. Earlier I had gone through my socks at home and saved a bunch that were essentially worn out for this trip. As they got dirty I was happy to retire them to the garbage and didn't have to wash them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment