Thursday, June 7, 2012

2012 June 07

This morning we left Blair and Krista's house between 7 and 7:30 after a very hearty breakfast and a big send off by the kids.  Blair plotted a route for us that avoided the traffic of the Bedford area.  The wind was in our face all day so we decided to call it a day in Truro; we stayed at the Tulips and Thistle B&B on Pictou Road, a few kilometres east of town.  It was a really nice place and the owners (Ann and Larry MacCormack) are really nice people.  The weather today was cool and mostly overcast.  When pulled into the B&B, I knew I had a problem with my right clip in, so I got off on my left foot.  The right shoe would not release so I had to take my shoe off and then diagnose the problem.  The clip-in attachment on my shoe had lost one of the screws and wouldn't release on twisting.  Removal of the shoe required dismantling part of the pedal and banging against an Allen wrench inserted against the clip-in.  After a good night's sleep in a really elegant house, we had a gourmet breakfast.  Susie had the chef's choice, which turned out to be eggs benedict.  We certainly would stay there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment